Bookmark and Share Subscribe to our Feed
Saturday, March 7, 2009

FTM: Announcing Shred Clothing

0 pennies earned

Jon Kruse sent us this press release and we bet there are some of you considering starting your own label who can appreciate all he does to make the process transparent and effective:

I’m sure everyone at one time in their life has been given the advice to “Do what you love”, but how many people actually follow that advice. I’ve tested video games, modeled characters for a video game, worked at a place that did movie posters for Hollywood, animated storyboards for test commercials… and worked at Taco Bell. What I learned from all of these jobs was that I didn’t love them and what I was truly passionate about was starting my own business, doing things differently, and coming up with new creative ways to solve problems.

I started Mediocore Clothing almost a year ago and it has been a learning experience that has completely changed my life. Getting that first sale online was an awesome feeling and getting over 50 sales in one night made me realize I could do this for the rest of my life.

SHRED was something I wanted to do a while ago but I never had all the pieces to complete the puzzle. I met Eric through a design job I did and he put together a solid team to make my dream into a reality. What we are all trying to accomplish with SHRED are those beautifully illustrated, highly detailed, epic designs that are so badass they give you goosebumps just looking at them. I have hired some of the top artists from around the world to design our first line and we will be launching by the end of April.

For the next two months I am going to post articles and info about all the behind the scenes work that goes into creating a clothing line on our site www.shredclothing.com. Follow us on Twitter and sign up for our RSS feed so you don't miss anything. Right now we have articles about Choosing the right business partners, How to properly contact artists, and Bios about all of us.

What are your thoughts?
Comments and trackbacks are SEO friendly. We may (rarely) delete any comment.
Basic HTML tags, such as < b>, < i> and < a> are allowed and encouraged.